The Binghamton University track and field team kicked off its season at the Cornell Indoor Relays on Saturday. The Bearcats recorded four first-place finishes and set three school records on the day.

On the men’s side, junior Jeff Martinez placed first in the 5,000 with a time of 14:46.64 and senior Colin Anderson grabbed first in the weight throw with a distance of 56-10 ¾.

The 4×400 relay team, consisting of juniors Devinn Askew and Casey Gilbert and seniors Karl Schnabl and Jesse McCormick, took first place with a time of 3:23.70.

Other top performers for the men included freshman Zaid Al-Doori, who finished second in the 300 (35.27), Eric Ziegler, who placed third in the long jump with a distance of 23-4 and Patrick Heikkila, who finished in fourth place in the shot put.

For the women, junior Jenna Marrione and senior Kaitlin Sullivan highlighted the Bearcats’ performance.

Marrione tied a school record for the women’s pole vault, finishing in first place with a height of 12-3 ½.

Sullivan recorded a school record in the 60 hurdles with a winning time of 8.90, breaking her old record of 9.02.

Junior Jessica Hennig finished the 300 with a time of 40.37, breaking yet another school record, while freshman Alexx Baum placed second in the triple jump with a distance of 38-3 ½.

Binghamton is set to continue its season at 12:30 p.m. on Jan. 21 when it travels to Ithaca for the Cornell Upstate Challenge.